I was searching for a public (free) webservice able to give me the name of the current date, but couldn't find any, so I decided to create one.
The first step was finding a data source to use. Finally I found a Jumla plugin for NameDays. I used the source of this plugin to get the required data. Later it turned out the Hungarian data was a little inaccurate, so I refreshed it from the Wiki page
of Hungarian Namedays. This also could happen with all other languages as well.
Here is a test URL:
some calling example
The calling example is not working from ie9. Only if viewd in compatibility mode. Possibly becouse of MS webservice.htc